Halloween may look a little different this year. Extension Educators Mary Liz Wright and Susan Glassman give us some suggestions for celebrating in 2020:
This year, Halloween falls on a Saturday, and will showcase a spooky full moon. Add in a day of family activities and don’t forget the costumes, you can wear them all day! Even without traditional trick or treating, your family can have a full day of fun.
• Learn about pumpkins online at https://web.extension.illinois.edu/pumpkins/ – fun activities and history!
• Try a new pumpkin recipe
• Go to a pumpkin patch
• Create something to give likeHalloween cards to the veterans hospital, cookies for a neighbor.
• Gather some snacks and jump in the car and drive around looking at Halloween decorations. You will be surprised how many people decorate their house for Halloween.
• Organize a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors or inside your house. (Candy can be hidden for an extra surprise!)
• Enjoy a Halloween movie night with your family.
• Go “Ghosting.” Make pumpkin muffins and deliver them to your loved ones or neighbors. Leave them at the front door and ring the bell and run fast!