Megan Thee Stallion Says She’s ‘Hurt’ and ‘Traumatized’ After Being Shot: ‘Black Women Are So Unprotected’
PLUS: 50 Cent Apologizes to Megan Thee Stallion for Sharing Insensitive Meme of Shooting Incident
Tory Lanez is using his newly-released album to address allegations that he shot fellow rapper Megan Thee Stallion earlier this summer.
On Thursday, Lanez dropped a 17-track album entitled Daystar in which he denies shooting the “Savage” artist in the foot, claiming that she is “trying to frame” him for the July incident which occurred in Los Angeles.
On the track “Money Over Fallouts,” audio clips of the media speaking about the alleged shooting play at the top of the song before Lanez (whose real name is Daystar Peterson) raps, “Megan, people tryin’ to frame me for a shootin” and “Gotta see a couple questions: how the f– you get shot in yo foot it don’t hit no bones or tendons? How the f— is your team tryna’ pay me in millions?”
He later adds, “Girl, you had the nerve to write that statement on an affidavit/Knowing I ain’t do it but I’m coming at my truest.”
Reps for Megan did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.
Getty Images (2) Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez
Since the album’s release, several celebrities have jumped to Megan’s defense and clapped back at Lanez, 28, for his “poor choice.”
“I just want to support Megan… Imagine if somebody shot you and they made an album gaslighting you, that the world thought sonically sounded good. Imagine how taunting and humiliating that would feel for you,” Keke Palmer said in an Instagram video, before adding, “Imagine something that upsetting was done to you and then put it into an album and you had to see people online talking about if it was good or it wasn’t. And constantly bringing it up and reminding you about what happened again and again and again.”
Kehlani — whom Lanez namedrops in his album several times and raps that her comments against him “hurt his heart” — liked Palmer’s post.
“I’m sorry but I really can’t believe whoever is listening to this and letting this man speak on and profit off of his violence towards someone we know and love,” tweeted Halsey after Lanez’ album reached No. 1 on iTunes’ sales chart.
“Tory Lanez, poor decision brother dropping that project just out of respect for Breonna Taylor,” said Rick Ross on his Instagram Story. “We got to respect these sisters. This ain’t how you address these accusations you facing with a sister. That was a poor choice, homie. You ain’t getting no money with that s—.”
Both Halsey and Palmer have previously been open about their own experiences with abuse.
I’m sorry but I really can’t believe whoever is listening to this and letting this man speak on and profit off of his violence towards someone we know and love. https://t.co/TKtbTBE9Cm
— h (@halsey) September 25, 2020
Rick Ross blasts Tory Lanez for dropping album about the Megan Thee Stallion incident. “Poor decision on dropping that project, just out of respect for Breonna Taylor.”👀‼️ pic.twitter.com/WhOvojVfPA
— Hip Hop Ties (@HipHopTies) September 25, 2020
RELATED: Megan Thee Stallion Says Tory Lanez Is the One Who Shot Her in Both Feet: ‘Stop Lying’
Prior to dropping the album, Lanez hinted that he would be breaking his silence on the allegations later that day.
“To my fans … I’m sorry for my silence …. but respectfully .. I got time today …… 9 PM PST,” the rapper tweeted.
To my fans … I’m sorry for my silence …. but respectfully .. I got time today …… 9 PM PST .
— Tory Lanez (@torylanez) September 24, 2020
After releasing the new music, he tweeted, “There is a time to stay silent. And a time to speak ….. I said all I could say on this … ALL PLATFORMS … ….. #DAYSTAR … I’ll be back to y’all soon …. respectfully ….”
Lanez was arrested on July 13 and charged with carrying a concealed firearm in a vehicle. He posted his $35,000 bail and was released later that day, and is scheduled to appear in court in October. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office is still reviewing a potential charge of felony assault with a firearm in the case.
Two days after Lanez’s arrest, Megan (whose real name is Megan Pete) spoke out about the incident, saying on Instagram that she “suffered gunshot wounds as a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me.”
“I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets,” she said at the time, adding that she is “incredibly thankful to be alive.” She has also called the shooting “the worst experience of my life.”
RELATED: Tory Lanez Allegedly Apologized to Megan Thee Stallion in a Text After Shooting: Report
Speaking out on Instagram Live in August, Megan, 25, said that Lanez “shot me” and claimed the rapper and his publicity team were “lying” to spin the story of the shooting.
Prior to that, Megan posted two photos of her gunshot wounds, which have since been deleted, writing that she wasn’t lying about being shot and offered an update on her recovery.
WATCH: 50 Cent Apologizes to Megan Thee Stallion for Sharing Insensitive Meme of Shooting Incident
50 Cent Apologizes to Megan Thee Stallion for Sharing Insensitive Meme of Shooting Incident
“I wouldn’t have done that if I knew you was really hurt sorry,” 50 Cent said
“Lol what I have learned abt majority of the people on social media is y’all like to hear bad news before good news, a lie spreads quicker than the truth, and y’all really be believing the s— YALL make up,” she wrote at the time. “… Why would I lie abt getting shot? Why are y’all so upset that I don’t wanna be in the bed sad ? Why y’all upset that I can walk ? … I usually don’t address internet bulls— but y’all people are so sick!”
Earlier this month, reports surfaced that Lanez apologized to the “WAP” rapper in a text message following the July shooting incident.
In the text messages that he reportedly sent to Megan shortly after the event, Lanez said, “I know u prolly never gone talk to me again, but I genuinely want u to know I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart,” and added, “I was just too drunk,” TMZ reported.
The outlet also noted that Lanez didn’t explicitly mention a shooting or gun in the text message, but that he wrote: “None the less s— should have never happened and I can’t change what did. I just feel horrible.”