About the position:
This position will be assigned to the NAF Human Resource office at Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides recruitment and placement service to all NAF activities to include receiving requests to fill vacant positions, preparing and forwarding lists of applicants, arranging for interviews, and maintaining applicant supply files.
- Conducts orientation for new employees on insurance benefits, unemployment compensation, social security benefits, retirement, and other programs applicable to NAF employees.
- Explains pay systems, differentials, hours of work, etc. Explains employee rights and responsibilities. Provides information to supervisors and employees on such matters as pay actions, health insurance, life insurance, and a wide variety of personnel actions.
- Serves as the authoritative source of information on procedural and regulatory requirements for submitting and processing all types of personnel actions. Answers inquiries concerning status of pending actions. Maintains official employee personnel records and files.
- Forwards timely and accurate copies of records for administrative and pay purposes to other offices as required.
- Computes rates of pay on all increases (pay adjustments and step increases) for employees in activities serviced to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains controls of within-grade increases to ensure due dates are met.
- Prepares, in final form, the full range of personnel actions. Computes service computation dates. Administers workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation programs. Inputs personnel data into the automated NAF personnel data system and is responsible for the maintenance of the system. May be responsible for processing and tracking status of installation records checks, state criminal history repository checks, and national agency checks.
- Establishes new record series as required and disposes of records according to records management directives.
- May participate in planning and conducting the local NAF wage survey IAW regulatory guidance.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11006709
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a T-3 Secret background investigation
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant’s eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 01/21/2021
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Applicant must have progressively responsible experience in clerical or office work that provided a thorough knowledge of administrative principles and practices. Experience must have been sufficiently demanding to demonstrate ability to perform at this pay band level.
- Must have progressively responsible experience that required the applicant to acquire and apply a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures, and program requirements of NAF personnel administration.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) is required.
- Must possess skill in dealing with the public.
- Typing skills are required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Direct deposit is required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A probationary period may be required
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government’s interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position’s qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse Preference – MSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- Diploma/ GED
- Disability Letter (VA)
- Other (1)
- Other (2)
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.